I often wander the streets aimlessly when I don’t have a pack lunch, looking for somewhere that won’t let me down. Luckily, I have found a few faves and am sharing some tried and tested London lunch favourites. £5 is the magic number.
1. Abokado‘s vegetable dumpling udon soup. This is delicious and I actually can’t eat it any more because I ate it so much. I also love their vegetarian sushi type dishes and the free hot sauce that you get with soup. Also a lifesaver for my vegan week as most of their vegetarian food is also vegan. Warning: You can easily spend a lot if you add a fresh juice and a brownie (both of which I do recommend).
2. MedMez, this is a super cute stall in a super cute churchyard. They used to do a selection of mezze type foods for £5 plus a huge piece of Turkish bread. Now they have switched up for autumn/winter and are doing falafel wraps for £5 which are also delicious. If you’ve got dollah to splash out you can buy fancy coffee in the same place.
3. Sagar – vegetarian Indian restaurant with several London branches. The (mega) Value for Money lunchbox is £3.50 and different every day. You get two curries, bread of the day, raita, rice, it’s an absolute feast.
4. Leon – Their falafel wrap is around £3.95. resist the brownies and the lemonade if you’re saving. I also love their baked fries.
5. Carluccio’s counter – This is hit and miss in terms of price but pretty delish everytime. Here’s the deal, sometimes you can get a mixture of delicious pasta dishes for £4, sometimes you end up spending nearly £10 because they do a lot of stuff by weight. It’s bargains vs ridiculous. Lucky dip. Today was a Carluccio’s mistake – went and spent £8.88. All of their staff are really charming so you just go along with it and then you walk outside and realise how much you spent on lunch.
Does anyone else have any favourite bargain London lunch locations?